What is Freesat?
Freesat is a digital satellite service, brought to you by the BBC and ITV.
What equipment do I need?
A freesat digital box and a fully installed satellite dish. To watch TV in HD you will need a freesat HD digital box connected to an HD Ready TV or a TV with freesat HD built in.
How much does it cost?
- We supply and install satellite dishes from £65*.
- The cost of satellite receiver’s start from £30 should you not have a sky box/satellite receiver already.
- There is no monthly subscription and no contract.
How many channels will I get?
Over 150 TV channels including entertainment, movies, news, lifestyle, BBC iplayer, and subscription-free HD from the BBC and ITV.
Does freesat offer an HDTV service?
Yes, freesat offers a subscription-free HD service. To watch TV in HD you will need a freesat HD digital box connected to an HD Ready TV or a TV with freesat HD built in.
What services does freesat offer?
- Subscription-free HD
- 7 day on-screen programme guide
- Interactive TV (press remote red button for access to latest news and live sports results)
- Parental control
- Customer support via freesat’s customer helpdesk and freesat.co.uk’s help section
- Interactive services
Does freesat offer any accessibility features?
Yes, subtitles and audio description. Some models offer text to speech services.